Sites Visited: Kirtland Temple, Whitney Store, Morley Farm
It was weird going to the Kirtland Temple. It's the only temple built by our church that isn't owned by our church (correct me if i'm wrong...). It's owned by the RLDS church...
It was weird being there, because the spirit wasn't there... It didn't even feel like a temple. When we went there, a tour guide showed us a movie and gave us a tour and talked about the history of it and such, and I just felt weird the whole time. I didn't feel remotely the same feelings that I feel in a temple owned by our church.
It made me sad to know that one of our own temples wasn't even owned by us. The saints worked for so many years and sacrificed so much to build that temple, and now we don't even own it.
Overall, it just felt weird.
************************************************************************************
I have written in my journal of page of 'Things to Write About' and then I never wrote about them, haha. One of the bullet points was "Piano/Gospel Analogy" and then it has D&C 1:30 written next to it. If anybody knows what that means, please comment and tell me! Maybe it was talked about in a fireside or something..? But the scripture was good, so here it is:
"30: And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have power to lay the foundation of this church, and to bring it forth out of the obscurity and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, am well pleased, speaking unto the church collectively and not individually-
31: For I the Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance;
32: Nevertheless, he that repents and does the commandments of the Lord shall be forgiven."
~D&C 1:30-32
************************************************************************************
The Morley Farm was really cool :) We took like a 1 or 2 minute walk up this hill into some woods to find a small clearing. That's one of the 3 or 4 places that Heavenly Father has appeared on the earth since the church was restored. I could feel the spirit really strong there. We had about 5 minutes of silence where we just stood there and felt the spirit and thought to ourselves. I don't remember what I thought about... I think I decided to pray about a problem I was going through. I figured that was a good time since I had felt God's presence so strongly, and I knew he was there to listen when I needed him. We weren't there for very long because we had to move on to the next thing, so that's all that really happened there.
| Painting in the Visitors Center of the Kirtland Temple |
| This is a scripture that was next the painting above. D&C 88:119 |
| This was another painting in the Visitor's Center of Kirtland. Beautiful :) |
| Kirtland Temple |
No comments:
Post a Comment